Cognitive & Educational Attainment Assessment
- This assessment builds a clear profile of your child's strengths and weaknesses
- A combination of psychometric and standardised diagnostic tools are used
- Assessment of intellectual functioning is completed within the wider framework, for example building a Specific Learning Difficulty Profile
- It identifies principle areas of difficulty that your child is experiencing
- After the assessment, time is spent with the parent/guardian discussing the findings and appropriate intervention
- A specific programme of intervention can then be planned
Follow up advice and reviews
- Meeting with Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) for the school and/or class teacher to advise school how to implement specific programmes for a child.
- Review assessments using standardised materials i.e. literacy assessments to verify the child’s needs are being met by the recommended programme of intervention.